*THE FOLLOWING BLOG MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*
A storm was brewing at the end of season 9 and the remaining survivors found themselves wandering into The Whispers territory. So, as you find yourself wondering what will happen this season, it’s time to enjoy some riveting spoilers as you count down the days until the premiere.
Which of your favorite cast members will be returning?
The Walking Dead would be nothing more than another bloodcurdling, apocalyptic zombie show if it wasn’t for the charming characters who continue to exemplify the ultimate dead-ication to their roles. That being said, here’s a list of the fighting protagonists that have managed to limit their contact with the dead and allow them to make an appearance in the upcoming season.
- Norman Reedus: Flooding the spotlight since season 1, fan-favorite, Daryl Dixon will continue to lead the franchise, even sporting his very own collection of The Walking Dead horror collectibles.
- Melissa McBride: Queen Carol of the Kingdom managed to avoid decapitation in season 9’s bloodshed ending, making her another show original, alongside Daryl, to survive the outbreak and the fights since the start of the show.
- Danai Gurira: Season 10 will wave goodbye to Michonne, leaving her character to appear in only a handful of upcoming episodes. While her sword-swinging days are numbered, there may be a chance that the heroic zombie slayer could still appear in the set of three AMC original films that will continue the story after Rick Grimes capture.
Who else will be sharing the limelight?
- Josh McDermitt (Eugene)
- Christian Serratos (Rosita)
- Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel)
- Ross Marquand (Aaron)
- Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Negan)
And many more friends and foes.
What plot details do we know?
You better hold on to your The Walking Dead horror collectibles as tight as you can because trailers and articles have teased the group, The Whisperers, as the menacing focal point of this upcoming season. This tribe of zombie skin wearing baddies is preparing for an unavoidable battle between the collected communities of the Hilltop, the Kingdom and Alexandria. Although our group of favored characters managed to successfully fight all dangerous hazards in the past, the reason that The Whispers are so threatening is that they’re using the army of the dead to back their mission.
The latest season will also encounter a subtle time jump, a mere three months after the finale of season 9 and will aim to focus on original content, rather than following the source material from the famous comic books.
Will you be watching The Walking Dead on Sunday, October 6? Drop a comment below to share with our readers