Not even the infamous Damballa Chant could scare away COVID-19, and despite delays in shooting for most of 2020 due to the shutdown of the entertainment industry, the Child’s Play TV series, Chucky, remains on track to premiere this fall. So, if you haven’t already, check out the killer trailer of the not so Good Guy, and for everyone else who’s patiently awaiting its arrival, here’s what you can expect from your favorite psychotic doll. You better clutch your Chucky horror collectibles tightly!
What do we know about the plot so far?
The most recent synopsis of the series states, “after a vintage Chucky doll turns up at a suburban yard sale, an idyllic American town is thrown into chaos with a series of horrifying murders exposing their deep, dark secrets.” However, creator Don Mancini promises fans that the upcoming Syfy and USA Network series will be cable’s most gruesome show yet, continuing on from the original Child’s Play films.
Here’s what we know so far:
- The series will consist of ten episodes
- Chucky’s murderous backstory is unraveled
- Several new tactics will be used to reprise the killer’s role
- Expect excessive profanity due to relaxed censorship laws
What should you do while you wait?
While we know that production for the series is currently underway in Toronto, Ontario, since there’s no specific release date, we don’t know when our beloved foe will be slashing his way across the silver screen. That being said, there are other ways to stay pumped with excitement for the series in the meantime.
- Re-watch the entire franchise from start to finish: If the new series is said to be a continuation of the franchise, why not have it fresh in your mind?
- Count the kills: This is a game that you can play by yourself or with some friends. Do you know the body count of Chucky? Maybe it’s time you found out.
- Organize your Chucky horror collectibles: Whether you possess an assemblage of Chucky action figures, props, or costumes, take the time to rearrange your vast horror collection and create a display that gets your black heart pumping.
Which Chucky movie installment has been your favorite so far? Drop a comment below to compare with other readers.